My favourite beach in North Wales is Red Wharf Bay. It’s got lots of parking, three places to eat and drink, and when the tide’s right there’s a huge beach to search for creatures!
- Make sure you go at low tide
- Check out The Tavern on the Bay for lunch or tea
- Have a pint at the Ship Inn
- Search the beach for marine life
- TOP TIP: Search in the row of seaweed that’s washed up on the beach, this is where you’ll find all sorts of cool things like these shark egg cases (top right):
All of these guys were found in one walk at Red Wharf Bay (from top left clockwise: dead mans fingers soft coral; catshark and ray egg cases; anemone; sand mason worm).